In support of our belief that everyone deserves a just retirement, we aim to make our content as widely accessible as possible through alternative formats of Braille, large print, and audio CD. Please contact us if you or your clients would like any document in an alternative format.
The Recite Me Accessibility Toolbar
We have installed a service called Recite Me to make our site even more inclusive. We have also made the website text as simple as possible to understand. We also provide assistive technology, enabling all website visitors to customise their experience through a range of options to suit their online accessibility needs.
The Recite Me toolbar provides text to speech functionality, fully customisable styling features, reading aids, and many other features.
The Reciteme + toolbar provides:
• Listen to online content using the screen reader (including PDFs).
• Change the font, colours, size of text, line height, or spacing of the text.
• Customise background colour.
• Change contrast levels
• Zoom in up to 200% without text spilling off the screen.
• Text will reflow in a single column when you change the size of your
• Download the text as an MP3 file to play it where and when it suits you.
• Access a fully integrated dictionary and thesaurus.
• Remove images that may be distracting.
• Use a ruler to be able to follow the text.
Are there any standards for accessibility?
There are several bodies that provide 'standards' for accessibility for organisations to adhere to. We have followed principles outlined by the Worldwide Web Consortium, and always endeavour to make our content accessible for people with disabilities.
How do I make the text bigger on screen?
You may use your browser settings to change the text size for this and other websites that you might use. The technique you use may vary (depending on the browser you use, but the following might help:
- Microsoft Edge: Select one of the 'Text Zoom' options in the 'Settings and more' menu.
- Google Chrome: Select one of the 'Text Zoom' options in the 'Customise and control Google Chrome' menu.
- Internet Explorer 9: Select 'Settings', then one of the options under 'Zoom'.
- Mozilla Firefox: Select the 'View' menu, then 'Zoom', then one of the options.
- Opera: Select the 'View' menu, then one of the 'Zoom' percentage options.
This isn't an exhaustive list of all the browsers that are available to you and therefore it's worth taking a quick look at any documentation you have to be sure of the settings you need to use to adjust your viewing text.
Problems viewing this site?
If you have any difficulties using our website, or have a suggestion that would help make our site more accessible to you, then do let us know - call us on 01737 233296 or email DBEnquiries@wearejust.co.uk.
Alternatively, you can contact us by post with any queries at our main offices in Reigate, Surrey:
We are here to help you and your clients on their retirement journey, so please do let us know if there is something we can do to make this website - and our content - more accessible for all.