Brexit: How the UK's withdrawal from the EU might affect you
The United Kingdom’s Brexit Transition date 31 December 2020 has passed and there is some information we need to make you aware of.
The changes resulting from Brexit will not impact your policy. Just will continue to service your policy and provide you with all the contractual benefits of your policy.
As a UK based insurer, Just continues to be authorised by the Prudential Regulation Authority (PRA) and regulated by the PRA and the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA).
The PRA can be contacted by:
- Address: Bank of England, Threadneedle St, London, EC2R 8AH
- Telephone: 020 3461 4878 from the United Kingdom or +44 203 461 4878 from abroad.
- Email: email@example.com
The Financial Contact Authority can be contacted by:
- Address: Financial Conduct Authority, 12 Endeavour Square, London E20 1JN
- Telephone: 0800 111 6768 (freephone) or 0300 500 8082 from the United Kingdom or +44 207 066 1000 from abroad.
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
You will also continue to be able to raise a complaint to the Financial Ombudsman Service if you’re not happy with the way in which your complaint has been handled or you’re unhappy with the outcome. The Financial Ombudsman Service offers a free and impartial service to settle complaints between consumers and businesses that provide financial services.
The Financial Ombudsman Service can be contacted by:
- Telephone: Freephone 0800 023 4567 from the United Kingdom or +44 20 7964 0500 from abroad.
- Online: www.financial-ombudsman.org.uk/consumers/how-to-complain
Your policy will also continue to be covered by the Financial Services Compensation Scheme. The Financial Services Compensation Scheme is the United Kingdom’s statutory Deposit insurance and investors compensation scheme for customers of authorised financial services firms. This means that FSCS can pay compensation if a firm is unable, or likely to be unable, to pay claims against it.
The Financial Services Compensation Scheme can be contacted by:
- Address: The Financial Services Compensation Scheme, PO Box 300, Mitcheldean, GU17 1DY
- Telephone: 0800 678 1100 from the United Kingdom or +44 207 741 4100 from abroad.
A number of UK banks have started telling their customers who live in certain European countries that they’ll be closing their accounts due to rule changes linked to Brexit.
The bank is responsible for telling you if your account is going to close. We may have previously contacted you to get in touch to ensure that you’re aware of the situation and are ready to take action if needed.
What should you do next?
If your bank has not contacted you, and you are not impacted, then you don’t need to advise us of anything.
If your bank has told you that it’s closing your account, and you have made arrangements to change bank (whether UK-based or abroad), please get in touch with us using the details below to provide us with your new bank account information.
No changes to bank information will be changed unless you notify us.
Need to contact us?
Please do get in touch with us if you have any questions or concerns using the numbers listed in the Contact us section.