Tracing previous pensions

If you’ve changed employers throughout your working career, you might have more than one pension pot. For each pension you have, you should receive a yearly statement which will tell you how much money you have in your pension and, if your money is invested, how your investments are performing.

If you’ve lost track of one or more pensions, help is at hand. The government’s Pension Tracing Service may be able to help you find a lost pension. The service is free to use and you can start the process here or by phoning 0800 731 0193.